Did you know that 60% of small businesses have no information about their company listed online? With high competition and limited resources, many small business owners find the challenge of marketing their company overwhelming and need help figuring out how to start.
If you’re looking for effective ways to grow your small business, you’re in the right place! In this article, we’ll explore five marketing strategies to help you get started promoting your business. Whether you’re launching a new business or want to revitalize one you already have, these tips will help you grow your business.
1. Social Media Marketing
With billions of potential customers using various platforms daily, social media is a powerful business tool. Social media marketing will enable you to build brand awareness, engage with potential customers, and promote your products or services. It makes sense to meet potential customers where they spend so much of their time.
Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and TikTok will help you quickly reach a larger audience. You can connect with potential customers interested in your services or products by sharing engaging content.
2. Content Marketing
The Content Marketing Institute defines content marketing as “a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience – and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
Content marketing is a long-term strategy focused on building a solid relationship with your target audience by consistently delivering high-quality and relevant content.
Read More: 5 Reasons Why Your Business Website Needs a Blog
The main goal of SEO is to boost your visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results. The higher your website ranks in the search engine results pages (SERPs), the more likely potential customers will find you and click on your website. You should aim to appear on the first page of search results – ideally in the top few. To accomplish this, you must optimize your content for search engines.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your SEO:
- Research and use relevant keywords
- Optimize your website for search engines
- Create high-quality content
- Build backlinks from other relevant websites
Following these SEO best practices can improve your chances of ranking higher in search engine results and driving more traffic to your website.
Read More: Proven Ways to Boost Website Traffic
4. Email Marketing
Email marketing is one of the most effective marketing strategies for small businesses. You can grow your customer base by sending regular emails to your subscribers, so they immediately think of you when they need your service or product. Plus, email marketing is easy to set up and relatively inexpensive.
To begin email marketing, you’ll need to build a list of subscribers. Add a sign-up form on your website or blog and consistently send emails with valuable content, such as helpful tips or discounts. Remember to include a call-to-action (CTA) so subscribers can easily take action.
5. Invest in Paid Advertising
To save time and money, small business owners often sacrifice paid advertising. But since it takes time to build organic traffic, putting even a little money toward paid advertising will go a long way towards generating business and growing your customer base. Beyond ROI, paid ads increase brand awareness.
Here are some of the best types of advertising for small businesses to promote a service or product:
- Social Media Advertising – This is a popular choice because you can be highly selective with your target audience, and the cost is relatively affordable.
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising – PPC is online advertising where advertisers pay a fee every time a user clicks on one of their ads – usually through a search engine. Advertisers set the maximum price they’re willing to pay for users to click on their ads, and you aren’t charged anything unless someone clicks on it. Google Ads are the most common platform for PPC advertising. According to WordStream, businesses make $2 in revenue on average for every $1 they spend on Google Ads.
- Local Search Ads – Did you know that almost half of Google searches are for local businesses? Local Search Ads (LSAs) help you tap into this huge potential customer base by connecting you to local customers searching for your products or services. These ads appear at the top of the search results – above Google Ads and organic results.
Read More: What Are Local Search Ads?
Start Marketing Your Business Today
Small businesses looking for a way to build brand awareness and track ROI need digital marketing. Building your online presence may take some time, but any steps you can take now will significantly impact your business.
Impact Group Marketing is an Aggie-owned and operated digital marketing agency based in College Station, Texas. We specialize in impactful and trackable digital marketing solutions including websites, paid advertising management, social media marketing, search engine optimization, digital listings management, and content writing. Contact us today and let us help you grow your business!